- How do I become a volunteer?
- What if I don’t think I have enough time to volunteer?
- What if I have never volunteered, can I still help out?
- What do I need to think about before I decide to volunteer?
- What can I do?
- What skills do you need?
- What can I expect?
- What if my question isn’t answered here?
How do I become a volunteer?
You can sign up to our volunteers base through our website volunteers link. You can also keep right up to date with new opportunities and news by following us on Facebook or Twitter link.
What if I don’t think I have enough time to volunteer?
We try to offer as wide a range of opportunities as possible to cater everyone’s time, interest, and schedule! We are working currently with several organisations that are working with special needs children or seniors , each offering different projects with different time requirements. So whether you only have a couple of hours to help out with a one-off event, or a free afternoon every week to go volunteer in libraries for our cultural educational sessions, or informational workshops, help out with fundraising events, we hope to be able to help you find something that would interest you.
Many of our opportunities – for example mentoring children with cultural education or visiting with elderly people – can take place at a time that is convenient for you, for example on evenings or over the weekend, for not more than 2-3 hours of a session. There are a lot of roles that you can carry out from the comfort of your own home, and in your own time. Examples include editing documents and websites, running social media campaign for our upcoming events, and many others. Moreover, please don’t be afraid to ask – we can always find something that works for you given your schedule.
Q. What if I have never volunteered, can I still help out?
You may not realize it, but you can certainly contribute, even if you have not previously volunteered. Many of our opportunities simply require a friendly attitude and a little bit of time, and they are also a fantastic way of gaining skills and experience in an area that interests you.
The sky is the limit, really. To give you a taste of the range of possibilities, you could:
- Volunteer with our Fundraising/Charity events
- Work for our cultural education team, prepare study materials, plan a session.
- Volunteer online if you have technical skills (proofreading, web editing, writing articles, running social media campaign for upcoming events)
- Help out with our social events
- Be a mentor to a young person
- Be a speaker for our informational workshops.
- Help our organisation with marketing, design or new media
- Donate for noble cause, it will help us serving our mission.
- And many many many others!
Q: What skills do you need?
This really depends on the opportunity that you are interested in – some roles require specialised skills, for example technical skills if you’re volunteering for web editing, writing article, or blogs etc. However, for volunteering with our team working towards children with special needs or abilities, all you need is a caring heart and helping attitude.
Q: What can I expect?
Generally speaking, you can count on us to provide you with:
- An outline of your volunteering work/ a role description
- Specialised training, if required
- Appropriate supervision (including regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how things are going)
- Personal development opportunities
Q: What if my questions isn’t answered here?
We will be happy to answer all your questions. Please email us with your questions and we will get back to you with our earliest availability. You can send an email to us to email@example.com